Blessings and Toasts
Blessings are associated with happiness holiness, spirituality and protection. Blessings are believed to be God’s protection over us and also said to help guide us to the path of righteousness and happiness.
- I have known many, liked not a few, loved only one, I drink to you.
- I believe the ultimate source of blessings is within us. A good motivation and honesty bring self-confidence, which attracts the trust and respect of others. Therefore the real source of blessings is in our own mind. – Dalai Lama
- May the most you wish for, be the least you get.
- Here’s to you both, a beautiful pair, on the birthday of, your love affair. Here’s to the husband and here’s to the wife, may yourselves be lovers, for the rest of your life.
- May their joys be as bright as the morning, and their sorrows but shadows that fade in the sunlight of love. – Armenian blessing
- May we be alive at this same time again next year.
- A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel, so nothing can harm you. – Irish Blessing
- Get on your knees and thank the Lord you’re on your feet.
- May each day have its own, wonder and rebirth, its molding of new life, from unwilling clay, its springing in surprise, from reluctant earth, its hint of victory, on final Judgment Day. And may the God of daily resurrections bless you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- May your love be like the misty rain, gentle coming in but flooding the river. – African blessing
- Good human qualities – honesty, sincerity, a good heart, cannot be bought with money, nor can they be produced my machines, but only by the mind itself. We can call this the inner light, or God’s blessing, or human quality. This is the essence of mankind.
- May misfortune follow you the rest of your life and never catch up!
- May all your ups and downs be under the sheets.
- May all your troubles be little ones and all your little ones be trouble free.
- May your right hand always be stretched out in friendship and never in want.
- May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks, may your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay, with you, all the year long. – Irish Blessing
- The end of a ship is drowning. The end for a kiln is burning. The end of a feast is frowning. The end of a man’s health – is mourning.
- May good luck be your friend in whatever you do and may trouble be always a stranger to you.
- If God sends you down a stony path, may he give you strong shoes.
- May the friendships you make
be those which endure –
– And all of your grey clouds
be small ones for sure.
And trusting in Him
to whom we all pray –
– May a song fill your heart
every step of the way.
- May the light of heaven shine on your grave.
- May their joys be as deep as the ocean and their misfortunes as light as the foam. – Armenian blessing
- May the good Lord take a liking to you – but not too soon!
- You for me and I for thee and never another. Your face turned to mine and away from all others.
- May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
- May you get to Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you’re dead. – Irish Proverb
- May the grass grow long on the road to hell for want of use.
- May your joys be as sweet, as spring flowers that grow. As bright as a fire, when winter winds blow. As countless as leaves, that float down in the fall. As serene as the love, that keeps watch over us all. – Old English blessing
- May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love, near you and all your heart might desire. – Irish Blessing
- Always remember to forget
the things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
the things that made you glad.
Always remember to forget
the friends that proved untrue.
But never forget to remember
those that have stuck by you.
Always remember to forget
the troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
the blessings that come each day.
- Here’s to you and yours and to mine and ours! And if mine and ours ever come across to you and yours, I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours,as mine and ours, have done for you and yours!
- A toast to love and laughter and happily ever after. – Traditional toast
- Here’s to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one. A cold beer and another one!
- When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let’s all get drunk and go to heaven!
- May the autumn leaves carpet beneath your feet
and the Angels lead you through the class day maze –
– May your homecoming time be extra sweet
and your heart warm with Indian summer days.
Like Jesus, may you grow in wisdom, age and grace
may you learn to read and write and think and sing –
– May you swiftly run in knowledge’s rapid race
and may God’s kind love, to all your roommates bring.
- May peace and plenty be the first, to lift the latch to your door and happiness be guided to your home, by the candle of Christmas.
- Here’s to our wives and girlfriends: May they never meet!
- May you live as long as you are fit to live, but no longer! or, may you rather die before you cease to be fit to live than after! – Philip Dormer Stanhope
- May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent.
- As you slide down the banisters of life may the splinters never point the wrong way.
- May your troubles be as few and as far apart as my Grandmothers teeth.
- May you be poor in misfortune and rich in blessings. Slow to make enemies, quick to make friends, but rich or poor, quick or slow, may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
- To the lamp of love: may it burn brightest in the darkest hours and never flicker in the winds of trial.
- As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point your way.
- May God grant you many years to live, for sure He must be knowing, the earth has Angels all too few and Heaven is overflowing. – Irish Blessing
- May there be a generation of children, on the children of your children.
- May God be with you and bless you. May you see your children’s children. May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings. May you know nothing but happiness,from this day forward.
- Wherever you live
in the world so wide –
We wish you a nook
on the sunny side.
With much love
and little care –
– A little purse
with money to spare.
Your own little hearth
when day is spent –
– In a little house
with hearts content.
- May the Lord keep you in His hand and never close His fist too tight.
- May you have warm words on a cool evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.
- If you lie, may you lie only to keep a friend. If you cheat, may you cheat only death. If you steal, may you steal your lover’s heart. If you drink, may you drink deeply of the joy of your new life together.
- May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, the Angels protect you and heaven accept you.
- May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and rains fall soft upon your fields. Until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
- May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. – Irish Blessing
- May the sun shine, all day long, everything go right,and nothing wrong. May those you love bring love back to you and may all the wishes you wish come true!
- May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.
- May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night.
- May the strength of three be in your journey.
- Let all thy joys be as the month of May and all thy days be as a marriage day. – Francis Quarles
- In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship and never in want.
- Here’s that we may always have a clean shirt, a clean conscience and a guinea in our pocket.
- May the roof above us never fall in and may the friends gathered below it, never fall out.
- May I see you grey and combing your children’s hair.
- Lucky stars above you, sunshine on your way, many friends to love you, joy in work and play. Laughter to outweigh each care, in your heart a song and gladness waiting everywhere, all your whole life long!
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions. – Joey Adams
- May you die in bed at ninety-five years, shot by a jealous husband or wife.
- May your doctor never earn a dollar out of you and may your heart never give out. May the ten toes of your feet steer you clear of all misfortune and before you’re much older, may you hear much better toasts than this.
- May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night,and the road downhill all the way to your door.
- May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been, the foresight to know where you’re going and the insight to know when you’re going too far.
- May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies, quick to make friends. But rich or poor, quick or slow, may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
- These things, I warmly wish for you – someone to love, some work to do, a bit of sun, a bit of cheer and a guardian Angel always near.
- May the frost never afflict your spuds. May the outside leaves of your cabbage always be free from worms. May the crow never pick your haystack and may your donkey always be in foal.
- May the sound of happy music and the lilt of Irish laughter, fill your heart with gladness, that stays forever after.
- May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
- May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that’s always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through. – Irish Blessing
- May the good saints protect you and bless you today. And may troubles ignore you, each step of the way.
- May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.
- May God give you: For every storm, a rainbow. For every tear, a smile. For every care, a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.
- May you live long, Die happy and rent a mansion in heaven.
- When the first light of sun – Bless You. When the long day is done. Bless You. In your smiles and your tears – Bless You. Through each day of your years. – Bless You.
- May the sun shine, all day long, everything go right and nothing wrong. May those you love bring love back to you and may all the wishes you wish come true! – Irish Blessing
- May you always have money in your pocket a woman to love and a smile on your face.
- I drink to your health, when I’m with you
I drink to your health, when I’m alone –
– I drink to your health so often
I’m starting to worry, about my own.
- May your home always be too small to hold all your friends.
- May you always have work, for your hands to do. May your pockets hold always, a coin or two. May the sunshine bright, on your windowpane. May the rainbow be certain, to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend, always be near you and may God fill your heart, with gladness to cheer you. – Irish Blessing
- Beautiful young people are acts of nature, but beautiful old people are ‘works of art’.
- May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow.May the soft winds freshen your spirit.May the sunshine brighten your heart.May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you.And may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.
- May a mouse never leave your meal bag with a tear in its eye!